Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Me, Myself, and I

Sometimes I disgust myself. You see, I am very selfish. I have realized that laziness is also a form of selfishness. Along with always wanting my own way and throwing an adult temper tantrum if I don't get it. I get grouchy and bitter and then no one wants to be around me. I don't blame them. I wouldn't want to be around me either. I am glad that I can see it, now, I need to change it. I know that I need to put others ahead of my own self. I think it will be a long process. Being a humble servant is one of my desires, but I need to start walking it out. I want to serve people out of love without complaint, you know, even go the extra mile. I believe that it starts with my thoughts and attitude. Today I will choose others over myself with a happy heart.

Weight Watchers went well yesterday. And there are 25 words focusing on myself in the above paragraph. Wow, that is a lot!

Mission for today: Choose others first, continue with my weight loss goal, and have the house looking peaceful (picked up) by the time Jason gets home.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

1 comment:

  1. Tag, you're it!

    I tagged you on my blog. Take a quick read of my tag post, and then let me know when you make your own. Have fun!

    http://confessionsofahorriblehousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete