Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Thankfulness

So then, just as you received Jesus Christ as Lord, continue to live in Him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. Colossians 2:6

Those last 3 words really spoke to me this morning. I have a hard time being thankful when I am not getting my own way. The saying count your blessings.....well, I sometimes forget to count mine. Instead of complaining about doing laundry I need to be thankful that we have clothes. And instead of complaining about mopping the floor, I need to be thankful we have a home. This passage shows me how much of a spoiled brat I am. I pray that God helps me find joy in the things I think of as less than fun. I don't want to be an ungrateful brat, I want to be a humble servant who is overflowing with thankfulness.

So....I guess with all of that I should have no excuses for not completing what needs to be done, like, vacuuming the living room and mopping the kitchen. I continue to put them off for another time that I feel is more convenient. Well, what is convenience? I am just using it as another excuse to be lazy. Sometimes I disgust myself. The only think I can do to feel better is change. Which is the purpose of this blog, to keep me accountable to the changes I want in my life.

Mission for today: Be thankful in the things that I find annoying, Eat healthy (I am down again today 195.0lbs), AND MOP THE KITCHEN vacuum the living room and work on laundry without complaint.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.

No comments:

Post a Comment