Sunday, October 24, 2010

Why?

About a month ago, while I was in prayer, I heard the lord speak to me on hanging out my laundry. I didn't understand it right then, but over the next few days I began to realize what I was to do. What does it mean to hang out your laundry? Well, for me it means taking a chance that my neighbors and every diner at McDonald's just might see my unmentionables. I live in town and can easily see McDonald's from my back yard as well as see my back yard from McDonald's. I feel like God was telling me to lay everything out in the open even the most secret parts of me, the parts that I don't want everyone to know about.

This also means that I have to pay attention to the weather. If it rains, it will be pointless to hang out the laundry because it won't dry. If it is freezing outside the clothes won't dry, they will become flat ice cubes. It will also take longer for the clothes to dry if the weather is cool as opposed to warm. So, I also need to be cautious of when I put myself out there, but none the less I need to do it. For me this is a little hard. I am the type of person that I try many things and when they become hard I give up. I very seldom finish what I start. So I guess this blog is a type of accountability for me.

Ok, the first piece of laundry I will hang out is my struggle with my weight. I weigh approximently 197 lbs. I was 120 lbs 7 years ago when I got married. Then, two months after the wedding I got pregnant with my son and it all went down hill from there. Now here I am struggling with food.

I love food!! But, I find it loves me a little too much and wants to stick around, so I am going to set a goal today. I will give myself one year to lose 67 lbs. I believe that is reasonable and I would love to see 120 again, but I think 130 is probably more realistic. Not only do I want to look good in a pair of jeans, I want to be healthy. I am at risk for diabetes since I had gestational diabetes with both of my pregnancies. Other than that I believe I am healthy in all other areas. I will probably go to my Dr. to make sure and discuss what sort of action I should take. But for now I will be cutting down portions and drinking more water. We will see how that goes!

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength! Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment