Thursday, October 28, 2010

Perseverance

James 1:2-6 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing you your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all with out finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

I knew I was supposed to read James this morning, but I didn't expect the first few verses to speak to me so loudly. James is probably my favorite book of the bible next to Matthew. I have read it many, many times and yet it still speaks loud and clear. Testing my faith develops perseverance. I never thought about it like that before. I guess there are many areas that I feel like my faith has been tested and yet I don't feel like I have developed the perseverance that I need just to accomplish the simple goals. So, maybe I need to take this matter up with my Father and ask him what I am or am not doing and for him to give me wisdom for all circumstances.

Speaking of perseverance, I did mop the kitchen and vacuum the living room yesterday like I planned!! But eating less didn't happen, at least at supper time. I stuffed myself with lasagna and paid for it all night long with heartburn and then this morning weighed in at 196.4. Even though it was the best lasagna in the world, it wasn't worth the pain....maybe I should remember this for next time. You know, like learn a lesson from it.

Goal for today: Finish laundry, clean the basement, and not stuff myself with leftovers.

Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. James 1:12

No comments:

Post a Comment