Monday, November 8, 2010

Freedom!

Galatians 5:1,16 It is for Freedom that Christ set us free. Stand firm, then and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.

God had me in Galatians this morning. I believe He was trying to show me the yoke of slavery that I have to my sinful nature. I have been living a compromised life because I am too afraid to stand up to truth and because I want to please my flesh. I need to let go of the yoke of slavery that binds me to the subtle sins in my life. There are thing that I didn't even realize I did that would be a compromise from the life of freedom that Christ has for me. Like over indulging in movies and books and then, getting angry when I am interrupted from them for the 20th time. Books and movies are OK, but when it becomes consuming and keeps you from the things God has placed before you to do, it becomes a distraction and in my personal opinion a sin because you are being disobedient to God. I know that I am not perfect, but I need to go after righteousness with everything I have for it is God's will. And what does that say to non believers when they see me profess Christ as lord and then I act as the world does? Wouldn't I be a hypocrite? I already get angry with Christians that have the obvious sins of living differently 6 days of the week and on the 7 go to church and put on a fake identity, but sin is sin and disobedience is sin. I am no better than them. If Christ is truly my lord then, I need to obey Him as such without complaint. His commandment to us is to love God with all of our hearts, soul, and mind and to love our neighbor as ourselves. No where in that did he say to put yourself above another. Why do I continue to do so? Sometimes I don't understand myself. I believe these words to be truth with everything that I am and yet I don't obey. I need to be living out what I believe not just stating it. I also need to be conscious of it when I am in the midst of it, so that I can stop and turn from it, not just talk about it, but do it. I need to be transformed by the renewing of my mind. Lord, help me!! I can not do this on my own. I want people to see Christ through me, through my actions and my life, not just me being a good person. I want them to see that I am different and the difference is God who lives within me.

Sorry for the lengthy sermon, I am just hanging out another piece of raggedy laundry, one that is very hard for me to let people see.

Weight watchers is going good. It has been one week and I have lost 5.6lbs. I hope to lose another 5 this week too and after that I know it will not be as much. The house is also in great shape thanks to my family we all put in a hour and cleaned all of the bedrooms and living room, and Jason did the dishes that were piling up.

Mission for today: Recognize the sin when it is happening and turn from it, clean the bathroom and work on laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment